For many people, the recent COVID-19 outbreak has you quickly pivoting to reach your audience and still drive connection, even when we’re forced apart physically. One of the best ways to do this is to take advantage of the many technologies available to us that allow for virtual connection. Hosting a webinar is a great way to engage with your audience during this strange time of physical distancing. Webinars are great for teaching your audience new skills, getting an important message across, or hosting an event virtually when we can’t be there physically. So which is the best webinar platform to use? In this blog, we’ll review the ins and outs of some of the best platforms available to you!
There are many factors to consider when choosing the best webinar platform for your event and your audience. Not to worry – we’ve done the research for you! Below, we’ve mapped out the best webinar platforms available, with some pros and cons to consider as you choose.
We think that Webinar Ninja is one of the best webinar platforms for small businesses. It features user-friendly accessibility to allow you to focus on the content of your webinar instead of all the chaotic moving parts that go into hosting a webinar. You can host automated (pre-recorded), live, multiple series, and hybrid (live and pre-recorded) webinars. Check out some of the pros and cons of Webinar Ninja:
- The ability to live stream, automate, host a series, or create a hybrid webinar
- The option to host free or paid virtual events
- The ability to use your Facebook Pixel
- Integration with over 1,000 apps
- Automatic creation of registration page, registration reminders, calendar invites, etc.
- Payments can be made directly on Webinar Ninja’s website
- Can be a little pricey if you’re hosting over 100 attendees
- There is a 2-hour limit to all events
- Live video feeds are reported to have very low quality
Webinar Ninja does not offer a free plan, but each membership comes with a free 14-day trial. See Webinar Ninja’s pricing tiers and their included benefits below:
- Starter: $39/mo (annually) or $49/mo (monthly)
- 100 live webinar attendees
- Unlimited recorded webinar attendees
- Live and automated webinars
- Pro: $79/mo (annually) or $95/mo (monthly)
- 300 live webinar attendees
- Unlimited recorded webinar attendees
- Live and automated webinars
- Webinar series and summits
- Facebook ad tracking
To view more levels, see their website here.
If you’re a small business, we recommend using Webinar Ninja’s Starter level. It’s affordable and includes everything you need and nothing you don’t. Webinar Ninja is the best webinar platform for small businesses looking to spend less time on webinar logistics and more time on their valuable content.
Demio is a powerful and modern webinar platform that can be used for businesses of all sizes. Much like Webinar Ninja, webinar hosts can share live webinars and pre-recorded webinars, as well as a combination of both. During the coronavirus pandemic, Demio is offering nonprofit organizations and educational companies a 50% discount.
- The intuitive user interface makes it easy to use for both the webinar host and attendees
- A customization feature allows your webinar to stay on-brand with your business (depending on your pricing tier)
- Attendees can choose to “stay registered” for ongoing series of webinars
- Hosts can include resources for attendees, including polls and CTAs
- Option to make chat public or private
- The signup is easy and flows nicely
- No ability to control or customize displays (screen shares, video, etc.)
- The replay your attendees receive with your automated webinar once it’s finished lacks major substance (chat is not included, resources aren’t included, etc.)
- Pricing is expensive
Just like Webinar Ninja, Demio does not offer a free membership. They do, however, offer a free 14-day trial for any of their pricing plans. Check out Demio’s pricing plans below:
- Starter: $34/mo (annually) or $49/mo (monthly)
- 50-attendee room
- Standard features and support
- Live events
- Includes one host
- Growth: $69/mo (annually), or $99/mo (monthly)
- 150-attendee room
- Everything from Starter
- Room and email branding
- Automated events
See more plans on their website, here.
If you’re looking to host virtual events that have automated capabilities but focus on live video, Demio might be the best webinar platform for you.
We would be remiss not to mention Zoom. This video conferencing platform is all the rage right now because of their adaptability throughout the COVID-19 outbreak. In mid-March 2020, Zoom took away its 40-minute meeting limit for K-12 schools that are utilizing free accounts to teach their students remotely. It’s also worth mentioning that Zoom is widely available with limited outages. Plus, users can set up fun backgrounds for their videos, which adds a hint of light during this somewhat dark time.
- Easy-to-use mobile and desktop apps
- Custom registration URL
- Flexible registration forms that allow you to collect valuable information
- Allows up to 10,000 attendees (depending on your pricing tier)
- Registrants can pay directly through Zoom, or you can upload the registration URL to your website and allow attendees to pay directly on your website
- With a paid Zoom account, you stream your meeting or event with Facebook’s live videos with multiple guests
- You can only live stream your webinar; no automated options are currently available
- If your webinar is over 100 people, it can be pricey
- Reports of poor video quality
- Glitches have been reported, such as chat not working temporarily during meetings
Zoom is the only webinar platform we’re covering that includes a free membership. Unlike the other programs, Zoom also charges its paid accounts per host. Learn a little more about each pricing tier here:
- Basic: Free!
- Host up to 100 participants
- Unlimited one on one meetings
- 40-minute limit on group meetings (more than two people)
- Unlimited number of meetings
- Online support
- Pro: $14.99/mo per host
- All Basic features
- Includes 100 participants (with the option to upgrade)
- Meeting duration limit is 24 hours
- User management
- Admin feature controls
- Custom personal meeting ID
- Assign scheduler
- 1GB of MP4 or M4A cloud recording
- Rest API
- Skype for Business (Lync) interoperability
For more tiers, visit their website here.
If you’re interested in live streaming your virtual events, Zoom is the best webinar platform for you!
Whether you’re hosting a free webinar to share fun and exciting news about your small business or a paid virtual event for your invaluable content, there is a webinar platform out there for you! We know there are a LOT of webinar platforms that claim to be the best. The marketing experts at Aspen Grove Marketing believe these are the best webinar platforms for any business owner. We hope you’ll find the best webinar platform for you and your small business by weighing the pros and cons above! If you have questions or need help setting up your virtual events in the coming months, contact the professionals at Aspen Grove Marketing today.