We get it… coming up with new social media posts every day can be daunting. That’s why we’ve created this handy list of social media post ideas for you! Use this list to get your juices flowing, you’ll be surprised just how many other ideas you can come up with on your own after reading through this list of social media post ideas.
Read through all of the social media post ideas so you know what is coming up and you can start planning the ones that may take a little more lead time. Post an “easy” one right now and check it off. You likely saw a couple more you really liked. Create those posts now and schedule them out. Keep going through the list. You’ve got this! We’re here to help with ideas :).
Social Media Content Suggestions:
- Answer a Frequently Asked Question. Bonus points: answer the question in video form!
- Ask your fans a question. Where are you from? What’s your favorite product we make? Fun tip: ask them to reply in the form of a GIF for even better engagement!
- Share a blog post. Bonus points: Write a new post so you have fresh content to share!
- Ignite a challenge! Ask your fans, partners in the space, or friends to complete some kind of challenge with you. Maybe it’s a workout challenge, a charitable giving challenge, photo challenge, or even a dancing challenge – either way, it gets fans involved!
- Share a #TipTuesday post in which you share your expertise and provide fans with valuable information.
- Go live! Many social media platforms have the ability for you to shoot a live video that will be posted to fans in real-time. Pro tip: shoot a live video at your next big event, for a big announcement, or something fun that your fans will love to engage with!
- Post a poll! Many social media platforms offer ways to query your audience.
- Share a case study of a successful client story. Bonus points: Include a picture of the customer!
- Create a cool before-and-after picture of something you’re working on, your workspace, or a project in progress.
- Include a “call to action” post! While social media is often fun and light, don’t forget to include a sales post once in a while to drive people back to your website and ultimately drive sales. *Note – these kinds of posts should be less than 20% of your overall strategy.
- Share a GIF.
- Share a picture of what you’re doing today and ask your fans to do the same in the comments below. Bonus points if your picture is somewhere out of the ordinary!
- Ask your fans to leave your business a review on Google, Yelp, or NextDoor or any other review platform your business may have a presence on.
- Find a funny meme or viral video or story to share! A well-placed meme or story often goes over very well with social audiences.
- Snap a behind-the-scenes picture! Pro tip: fans love to feel like they’re a part of your brand, so giving them a look behind the veil can go a long way.
- Post a sale or special offer! Bonus points if it’s an offer they can get only on your social platforms.
- Share a #FunFactFriday related to your business, industry, or product.
- Do a bit of foreshadowing! If you know something big is about to happen for your business or brand, do a little pre-posting to get fans excited!
- Have a favorite quote or words you live by? Share ‘em!
- Share an update from one of your partners or suppliers in the industry and detail why they matter to your business.
- Pose a “On a scale of 1 to 10” question to your fans and see their feedback!
- Encourage your fans to join your email newsletter list.
- Do a giveaway! Create a fun way for fans to win free swag or a gift card. Pro tip: make sure you’re following Facebook’s new engagement bait guidelines if you’re running the contest on this platform.
- Post the event! Don’t forget to share your company’s upcoming events and happenings.
- Try a #TBT (Throwback Thursday) picture. This means to share an old photo of either yourself or your business. The older and funnier, the better!
- Share a testimonial from a fan describing your service or product!
- Tell your fans about you and your business. Pro tip: remind fans why they followed you in the first place and how you stand out from the rest.
CONGRATS, you’ve made it to the end! Don’t stop now – keep posting! If you’d like to print out this list so you can check them off as you go, we’ve made a handy sheet for you here of social media post ideas.