When it comes to setting up or updating your billing information for social media advertising, we know it can be confusing. Each platform is different, and there is not one specific way to find your billing information for all of the platforms you want to advertise on. This guide will show you how to set up and update your billing information on all the major social media platforms. Find the platform you’re concentrating on, then follow the steps for success!
1. Log in to your Facebook Page and click here.
2. Click on the “Settings” cog in the upper right corner of the page.
4. Now, you can update or add your billing information here within Payment Settings. If you can’t see the card you want to update, click on “See More.”
It’s worth mentioning Instagram, even though advertising is linked to your Facebook Ad Manager. Follow these steps to link your Facebook account to your Instagram account:
1. Log in to your Instagram account on your phone. *You cannot link to your Facebook account in Instagram on a desktop.
2. Click on the hamburger button on the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on “Settings” at the bottom of the page, next to the cog.
4. Scroll down, and under “Privacy and Security,” click on “Linked Accounts.”
5. Click on “Facebook,” and you will be prompted to connect to Facebook. Click “Continue” and allow access to your Facebook account.
6. Go back to your settings page. Scroll down to the “Business Settings” tab and click on “Promotions Payments.” This will lead you to choose which ads account you want to connect to. Choose your business Page’s ads accounts and that’s it – you’re connected!
1. Log in to Twitter and click on the profile picture circle icon in the top right corner:
2. Click on “Twitter Ads.”
3. Click on “Go to Twitter Ads.”
Note: If you haven’t set up your ads account yet, you’ll be led to this screen to fill out your country and time zone:
4. In the top right corner, click on your account name (for some accounts, the account number might show up instead of the account name). A drop-down menu will appear. If you’re new to ads and have never set up a payment method, “Add new payment method” will appear – click on that.
If you’ve already set up a payment method in the past, “Payment methods” with appear. Click on that.
From there, you will be prompted to add your credit card information. Voila!
1. From your LinkedIn page, click on the “Work” button in the upper right corner. A drop-down menu will appear; click on “Advertise.”
2. Click on “Create ad.”
3. Click on your ads account name. If you don’t have one, here are instructions on how to set one up:
- Click “Create Account” at the top of the Ads Manager page.
- Type in the name of your account (should be the same or similar to your business name), then find your company page in the third field. Click “Save.”
4. An orange box will appear at the top of the page. Click on “Edit your billing.”
5. To the right of “Billing History,” click on “[add credit card].” Follow the prompts to add your credit card information.
*Fun Fact: LinkedIn’s confirmation button is labeled “Launch Campaign.” In the past, we have had clients who were nervous about this language, thinking that they were about to launch an ads campaign. Rest assured, this is just their signature language for confirming your billing information!
We hope this guide will sufficiently help you add your billing information to your social media accounts. If you still have questions, reach out to the professionals at Aspen Grove Marketing. We would love to work with you!