We know. Instagram video can be rather challenging, especially when it comes to editing video content. Even more challenging, being in the right place at the right time to record live can cause businesses to opt-out of posting video content in the first place.
That being said, let us share a few pointers for posting videos to Instagram the easy way! In this how-to use and edit Instagram video from Aspen Grove Marketing, you’ll be a pro in no time, connecting with customers and potential customers in a way you’ve not been able to do so before.
Pre-Record + Pre-Edit Your Instagram Video
When posting video content, try pre-recording your material and editing the video via computer-based editing software. Whether you recorded via your mobile device or a video camera, this is a great way to ensure you are presenting the best content possible. (Plus, it’s WAY easier!)
*Pro Tip: Use a tripod to instantly enhance your video’s production quality!*
Make It Instagram-Friendly
For the next step, you will need a computer- and mobile-friendly app to transfer your video to your mobile device in order to upload it to Instagram. We recommend Google Drive or Dropbox. If you’re new to Google Drive or Dropbox, please download your app of preference below. We recommend Google Drive, as it comes not only with plenty of storage for images and video, but also a great suite of internal apps for documents, spreadsheets and forms. If you already utilize one of these apps – GREAT! Follow the steps below!
Save Your Video
- We recommend saving your Instagram video to Google Drive from your computer – Google Drive is mobile-friendly app that enables you to access your video from your mobile device.
- Once you have saved your video to Google Drive, download the Google Drive app to your mobile device and log in.
- Navigate to the location you saved your video on Google Drive and tap the three vertical dots to access the menu.
- You will then see an option to “Download” the video. The video will then be transferred to your Android’s Downloads!
- We recommend saving your video to Dropbox from your computer – Dropbox is another mobile-friendly app that enables you to access your video from your mobile device.
- Once you’ve uploaded your video to Dropbox, download the Dropbox app onto your mobile device and log in.
- Navigate to the location you saved your video and tap on it to open the video.
- Tap the three horizontal dots to access the menu.
- You will then see an option to “Export” the video. Tap “Export.”
- Next, tap the “Save Video” icon. The video will then be transferred to your iPhone’s Camera Roll.
Upload to Instagram
Open your Instagram app and select your <60-second video. You can then play around with Instagram filters to add the desired effect, or post your video as-is! After loading your video, you can (and should!) select a frame from the video to be featured as the “cover image.”
Instagram videos are a great way to tease new video content on YouTube by creating a trailer-like video. Give it a shot – your followers will LOVE it!
If you would like help improving, managing, and maximizing your social media accounts, including Instagram video, please contact your Northern Colorado digital marketing specialists at Aspen Grove Marketing. We have helped businesses big and small with everything from featured photos to digital ad strategy and online advertising meet their goals and succeed online. We’d love to do the same for your business.