So you want to create an audience in Facebook that consists of the individuals on your email list. Great! Here’s how you do it:
- Log into your Facebook Ads manager.
- Click on the hamburger button in the upper left corner
- Go to ‘Audiences’
- From here you will click on the blue button on the left side called ‘Create Audience’ and choose the ‘Custom Audience’ Option.
- Next, you will see the options below. Select ‘Customer File’.
- On the next popup you will have the choice to upload a file, copy/paste data, or import from Mailchimp. If you have Mailchimp, choose that option. If you do not, you will need to download your email list into a .csv file or copy/paste it.
- Follow the next set of prompts depending on your chosen path and you will then have an audience of the people on your email list that are on Facebook. This will allow you to target your email subscribers in Facebook as well as in your emails. This custom audience will also allow you to create a ‘Lookalike Audience’ based on characteristics of the people in your email list.